Ponte's Auto Care has continued to provide quality car care in northern Wilmington since 1984. The professional ASE (automotive service excellence) certified Master Technicians at Ponte's Auto Care bring over 100 years of knowledge, expertise and only employ today's latest automotive technology and are equipped to handle all major and minor repairs on all makes & model vehicles, foreign or domestic from your family vehicles to your business fleet.
Ponte's Auto Care is a certified NAPA Auto Care Center, AAA approved repair facility, so we are able to provide the benefits of an established national entity while maintaining the personal touch of a family owned business. Jim and Denise understand that your vehicle is a major investment, and that is why we care for each customer's vehicle as if it were our own.
As part of the NAPA AutoCare Center network, we are committed to the highest quality. Our desire is to hire the best people in the industry. That's why we offer competitive compensation and benefits.
The Light Service Technician position offers an opportunity to gain valuable experience as you continue to develop your mechanical and technical skills. It's an ideal position for an individual who is highly motivated and has a strong commitment to learning and growth. If your goal is to build a successful career in the automotive service industry, apply today!
Current Job Opening:
Click on the tile below to view full job descriptions and links to the walk around view of our locations.
As an Automotive General /Light Service Technician you will be expected to perform basic light maintenance and service on a variety of vehicle makes and models. You will receive ongoing training through our affiliation with NAPA, NAPA Autotech, and other sources both in the classroom and online. In addition, you will work alongside our ASE certified and Master ASE certified technicians to help you develop your diagnostic capabilities and increase your service knowledge.
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Performing oil change services, checking and topping off of all fluids, checking tire pressures and air and cabin filters in a timely manner
- Performing safety and general service inspections
- Identifying fluid leakage, tire wear, service light identification and unperformed maintenance
- Pre-purchase vehicle inspections
- Flushing and servicing of all fluid operated or containing systems
- Replacing drive belts, coolant hoses and light bulbs
- Performing tire rotations, mounting and balancing
- Inspecting brake pads and shoe wear, rotor and drum wear limits, and fluid leakage
- Communicating with the service advisor regarding needed safety repairs or maintenance other than those listed on the repair order
- General cleaning of service area and facility grounds if needed Qualifications
- The Light Service Technician must be able to demonstrate their knowledge of basic vehicle maintenance and perform light service of basic vehicle systems.
- Minimum 1-2 years work experience
- Demonstrated ability to learn basic mechanical, electrical, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to work well with others, helping out when needed
- Basic TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) knowledge
- Alignment experience a plus, but not required
- Must have basic hand and air tools to facilitate job responsibilities
- Must be open and available to all service training opportunities, whether self-paced or instructor led
- ASE certification not required at time of hire, but the achievement of master certification status is expected with ongoing employment and training
- Valid driver's license with good driving record'subject to verification
- Presentable appearance
Click here to apply